1. No homework tonight.
2. Wahanowin trip note: Students do not require a lunch on the first day (Tuesday) of our visit. It will be provided for us. As a result, we will leave at approximately 10:30 AM on that day. Students should arrive at the regular time in the morning. I will meet them outside and we will store our bags on the ground floor after the entry bell.
3. Centennial mural-making sessions with my class take place on Monday, June 11 and resume on Thursday, June 21. The students will be working under the supervision of our our visiting artist Judy Pisano in her work with smaller 5 person groups. Students who sit at tables 1, 2, and 3 in my class should wear clothing on Monday that is suited to painting or that can survive any paint accidents. It should be fun!
1. Complete paragraphs two and three of the 5 paragraph essay. These would be the first 2 body paragraphs. Each one requires a topic sentence, 3 or more body sentences and an exit sentence. Today we stressed the structure of the introduction while working through half a dozen student examples as a group. The body paragraphs should show evidence of different types (Simple, Compound, Complex; Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative, Exclamatory) of sentences as well as different orders (Natural and Inverted). Linking devices should also appear at the beginnings of new body paragraphs.
2. Packing preparation for Camp Wahanowin. Be mindful of the indoor temperatures (there is no indoor heating there) and the possibility of rain when packing. Some warm clothes and rain gear should be amongst your warm weather clothing.
3. Be sure to return your overdue books for the end of the year collection. If you have a question or dispute about your missing books contact Ms. Edgar by the means stated on the overdue notice.
1. Complete paragraph one (Introduction) of the persuasive 5 paragraph essay. It should contain a topic sentence, a thesis statement, a sentence containing your reasons and an exit sentence. Complete this rough draft in the persuasive writing booklet. We have been working in class on this before the EQAO testing period and in class today.
2. Library period tomorrow. Be sure to return your overdue books for the end of the year collection. If you have a question or dispute about your missing books contact Ms. Edgar by the means stated on the overdue notice.