Below is a list of things we will start and hopefully complete next week. Specific days are not assigned to each activity -- this represents my best guess as to how much of my long range plan will be achieved next week. Some handouts are available. Other activities are unique to the classroom experience.
a) Finish pages 234-35 # 1-7; b) Quiz on Tuesday; c) Lesson 9 'Relating Units of Mass' introduced and practice questions assigned on text pages 240-41 #1-11 and in the the HW book pp. 94-95 (we have balance scales in class); d) quiz on Lessons 8 and 9 on Tuesday March 22.
a) Space Planet powerpoint (notetaking and assembly); b) Booklet pages 12 and 13.
a) Poetry activities from our orange books; b) nature haiku poem; c) opposites diamante poem; d) 'Diary of an Astronaut' writing; e) main and supporting details study; f) inferencing activities using modelled responses based on "The Other Side" reading passage.
a) Norval Morrisseau First Nations art enlargement.
1. Math Quiz Measurement 3.0 on Lessons 6 and 7 (Volume and the Cubic Metre) on Tuesday March 8.
2. We have a Scientists in School presentation on March 21 after the break.
3. Tafelmusik forms.
4. Gather jot notes about the planet you were assigned for the Space Powerpoint assignment.
- Students have access to my web page links at http://www.areynolds.org/ and can record notes on the Space booklet on pages 15 and 17 which is right after the topic sheet on page 14.
- The topic sheet should provide the on requirements and detail needed to start work on information gathering. The only major change is that we are using Powerpoint rather than Hyperstudio. Students had access to computers today to do research and will have access to computers to complete the Powerpoint in class. Students who work very slowly will likely have to do additional work on their own time or during homework club times. A USB stick would be useful to have in class during this time.
- The due date has not yet been set, but I am looking at about one week after the March Break.
1. Math HW Book pages 92-93.
2. Tafelmusik forms.
3. Pourquoi tale due tomorrow in good copy form (in pen or typed) by 10:35 AM. We have 2 periods in the morning to finish it off.
4. Math Measurement Quiz 3.0 on Lessons 6 and 7 ( Volume and the Cubic Metre) on Tuesday March 8.
5. We have a Scientists in School presentation on electricity in class on Monday March 21.
1. Math Journal: half a page on today's capacity demo and a list of three conversions from page 233 at the bottom.
2. Math Quiz Unit 6 lessons 3 and 5 on money and surface area. Students should be prepared to add and subtract money using concepts such as balances, deposits and withdrawals. They should also be able to construct a net for a solid and calculate its surface area with the step by step process that uses subtitles, formulas and correct unts.
3. Space booklet page 12.
4. We have a Scientists in School presentation on Electricity on March 21.
1. Good copy of Space Free Verse poem due in class for tomorrow. It can be in pen or typed.
2. Unit 6 Lessons 3 and 5 Quiz on Thursday March 3. (Money and Surface Area).
3. Cubic Metre Homework:
Text page 230 #1 to 6.
HW Book pages 90-91.
1. Math Quiz Unit 6 Lessons 1 and 2 (Time Zones and the 24 hour clock). Tuesday March 1.
2. Math Quiz 2 Unit 6 lessons 3 and 5 ( Money and Surface Area). Thursday March 3.
3. Finish your organizer for the free verse poem. Write a 12-20 line rough draft of the poem in your Writing notebook.
4. Danceathon is tomorrow at 2:15 to 3:00.